So I’m a busy teacher on holidays but I’m also a busy teacher-mum on holidays.
My kids have pretty much dealt with my ‘busyness’ by attaching themselves to their iPods or my Macbook – either gaming or watching YouTube. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this – I know that gaming challenges them massively. I know they’re communicating with heaps of great people and they’re creating some amazing things in Minecraft.
But I do want to give them another challenge – one that forces them to make something they can share with a wider audience and that involves me and my hubby who is mostly confined to our lounge due to a badly fractured knee cap. This is going to be a family thing but it’d be sweet if others wanted to join in too!
Here it is:
I’m going to create a 24 hour animation challenge. Each participant needs to make a 2 minute animation using ONLY free apps on their iPod, iPhone, iPad or other smart mobile device within a 24 hour period. Here are the requirements:
- These animations must not breech copyright in any way – all images need to be original taken using the mobile device.
- All music and sound-effects must be original created using the mobile device.
- The animations need to feature the signature item at some point – the signature item is ‘apple’.
- Animations must be two minutes MAX
- Participants then must upload the animation to youtube ensuring they have selected the appropriate Creative Commons licence for the video.
- The 24 hour time period for creating begins at 9.30am Sunday, 2nd October.
- The link then needs to be sent to me, the organiser, via email, tweet, text message, fb message by 9.30am on Monday, 3rd October.
- The video with the most hits after a 7 day period is deemed the winner.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- If you wanna enter yourself or your kids then add a comment with your name and who will be participating below.
- Please, please add a comment telling us what your fav apps are for creating animations etc on a mobile device. We really need your help!
This is going to be fun.
** disclaimer: This totally isn’t an official competition with all legal protection and that jazz so don’t get all mental and stupid about it. It’s for fun, yeah?